Sunday, December 29, 2013

Some Art news

For those of you that didn't see my Facebook post, I give the new Caran D'Ache  Museum Aquarelle Watercolor pencils a thumb's up.  Check out the post on Facebook....


For those of you wanting to really explore mixed media art journaling and exploring other ways to use those sketchbooks....There is an on line art club that costs $5 a month or $45 a year called the Artstronauts Club,  I have already gotten my $45 worth out of the lessons and articles provided already and I have only been on it several weeks. You can go to www.theartstronauts.com for more info.  If you want to check it out or find out more, call me and I can show you.  I can access it on my tablet, smartphone and  laptop.

Also,
Still catching up on my magazines.....The July/August 2013 Issue of Artist's Magazine had these items of interest.....

The add for the White Pitt Pen and it's use with highlighting watercolors caught my eye.

There was an article on using Yupo paper (commonly used for watercolors) that was interesting and informative.  I would recommend reading it if you want to try new things in watercolor.

The article of painting LARGE paintings en plein air was interesting and is something that some of the plein air painters out there may want to read,  Good Article.

There was an article about painting portraits and good color palettes to use in oil, pastel and watercolors.  Although I don't paint portraits, that one was a keeper.

There was an article about Tommi DePaolo and he had an interesting exercise with color on p 50 for children but I also have used a similar exercise for adults that eye opening.  Try it.

I also like the "Find your Tribe" article.


G

No comments:

Post a Comment