Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sketch Thoughts from Gina

I did this in my sketchbook on Sunday evening.....I saw some interesting cloud/atmosphere formations/color so I decided to make the sky the focal point....I had been reading Plein Air magazine and there was an artist in there, Billy Solitario, who did cloud paintings and I was intrigued how he had an entire painting of open sky/clouds, with just a strip of land at the bottom. We have waterscapes like that around here that I originally thought was boring until I realized the sky could be the subject with the strip of land and water at the bottom to give it scale. Give it a try folks, the article is in the July 2013 issue of Plein Air.....I also found some other interesting stuff in there that I will be posting in a bit

No comments:

Post a Comment